Saturday, October 15, 2011

Page protectors, layouts and shopping

I had these extra photos that I wanted to include in Hollie's album so I used the American Crafts page protectors.  It was a great way to use the scraps from the layouts I'd completed using this range also. It is Toot Toot by Kaisercraft. Such a perfect range for our house.










I'm not really happy with this layout. The stamping went all wrong but Hollie likes it and it's for her album and I just want to get the memory recorded and I'm just going to suck it up and deal with it.

The following layout is about a train chase we went on. I like this layout because it is interactive. I like that you can hide the journaling and cut the page protector so it is still easily accessible. That is my biggest gripe with hidden journaling. It's hard to access. Sometimes that's a good thing but I love the stories behind peoples' pages. That's the voyeur in me. 




Cutting the page protector. I use a pencil or something sharp to trace around the item I want cut then I remove the layout and replace it with a piece of heavy cardstock so I can cut the lines I've just traced with a pair of scissors or my knife.








There are some more kid pages coming and some of the new range from Kaisercraft too. I'm looking forward to sharing with you.









4 comments:

  1. These are really cute! I'm always looking for layout inspiration with the divided page protectors, so I'm bookmarking this post! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love divided pages, yours looks great. I like your flip-up feature, too. I need to remember that trick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful LOs! I love to do hidden journaling.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to ask any questions too and I'll get back to you.