Sunday, October 30, 2011

Shimelle's starting point

I've done a few of these. I think they are a wonderful way to get your mojo going. This week she used a border punch and layered the punched piece over the top of a strip of paper with the same patterned paper. I've wanted to try this for a while now. I've seen how effective it can be with just plain cardstock. I used two lines of border punches instead of the one Shimelle used. You can see hers here. Have a go. It's lots of fun.


This is another layout using old Scenic Route collections. It's another bright layout. I must be inspired to use up my stash at the moment because my job should be packing them away but I just can't bring myself to do it yet. 
The flowers were created using the various Spellbinder blossom dies. There are 4 in total. I haven't made flowers for a while and it was a first using these dies even though I've had them for a while. 
These brads are pretty cool. They are kind of fluffy. You can't tell in the picture.


I like the layering of embellishments in small clusters. I've repeated the type of embellishment in each cluster. I think it looks pretty good. Simple but effective.


See the 2 layers of border punch?




I had to use the negatives of the letters because I'd run out of letters. I don't mind the effect. I hate my hand writing and I think it ruins the layout but I also think the kids will value my efforts in years to come.

I'm into challenges at the moment. It is keeping me focused and inspired. What do you do to keep you inspired and keep your mojo flowing? 


5 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to use one of her starting points. You have made a terrific LO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool technique, I can't wait to give it a try. I don't think your handwriting "ruins" the layout at all - I think it adds a funky, personal touch. Great job! Blogs are what I'm using for inspiration right now, so much talent out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Did you see you won my blog candy?! Check out my blog at www.candid-candace.blogspot.com. You may need to scroll down a bit. Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to ask any questions too and I'll get back to you.